Why Choose Sirelo to Compare Moving Quotes?
You might think requesting a moving quote directly from a mover is the best option, but it is wise to compare moving quotes. Requesting quotes from different companies can help you guarantee you are getting the services you need, at the best price.
So why choose Sirelo to compare moving quotes? Well, we do the hard work for you! By filling in our online form, we can help you:
- Save time: Why would you spend your time contacting different moving companies when we can do it for you? All you have to do is pick your best match and then you can focus on the other important aspects of your moving process!
- Save money: Different movers offer different quotations so by receiving multiple quotes through Sirelo, you can compare moving quotes and ensure you don’t over pay for your move.
- Find the perfect match: Every move is unique so based on the information you provide, Sirelo matches you with moving companies that can facilitate your moving needs.
How Many Quotes Should You Get?
As we said earlier, comparing moving quotes means you can get the best price for your move! With this in mind, we recommend getting as many moving quotes as you can. Of course, this means spending your time contacting different companies which can become overwhelming. This is why Sirelo matches you with up to five companies suited to your move. Five options are enough to make a satisfactory comparison but not too many to send you crazy researching on the internet for hours!
Sirelo Top Tip: Start requesting quotes ASAP! The sooner you book a moving company, the cheaper your move will be so get your move booked early to get the best deal.
Moving Quotes in South Africa: What Affects the Cost?
Understanding the factors that affect your final moving cost is important. By knowing these factors, you can budget accordingly and save money on your move. The moving price is determined by:
- Distance: The further away you are moving, the more expensive the move will be.
- Route: Popular routes tend to be cheaper than remote and unusual ones, as competition between moving companies drives down the prices.
- Size: Both the volume and weight of your move contribute to the price. Not sure how much stuff you have? Don’t worry! Sirelo has a handy furniture volume calculator to get you on your way.
- Complexity: This means the number of movers needed, whether you require reassembling and disassembling of furniture, and whether you have any speciality items e.g. a piano or fine art.
- Type of transport: Whether you choose to travel by road, train, sea or air plays a significant part in your removalist costs. Air transport is the most expensive.
- Additional costs: There may be surpluses for things like moving insurance and elevator fees so be sure to ask your mover about any additional costs.
For more information about your moving costs, check out our dedicated home removals costs page.
What to Look For When Comparing Moving Quotes
Once you have received your moving quotes, there are a few things to keep in mind when deciding which mover to choose. It’s important to research thoroughly in order to make a well informed decision.
Moving house can be expensive so it’s understandable that the cost of your moving quote will be the first thing to consider. A cheap quote is always welcome but be sure to check out for any hidden costs – price does not always ensure quality!
The upfront cost isn’t the only thing you need to consider. When choosing what moving quote to go for, also consider whether the price includes some or all of the following:
- Moving boxes: It’s not always guaranteed that moving boxes are incorporated into the moving quote so be sure to ask the question. If you are organising boxes yourself, visit our moving boxes page which provides detailed information on where to begin your search.
- Packing services: Getting assistance with packing up your household contents may be a good option if you are overwhelmed with your move. Be sure to ask your mover to incorporate this cost into your moving quote if you want this service.
- Disassembly and reassembly services: Expertise and specific equipment is often required for this. Moving companies usually offer these services for an extra fee so be sure to request this as part of your moving quote.
- Transportation of special objects: This includes items such as pianos, art and even pets. Make sure you indicate to the mover this is a service you need so that they can arrange a visit and assess for themselves what exactly needs transporting.
- Long carry: A surplus can be charged if there is a distance of more than 15 metres between the parked moving truck and the entrance of the residence.
- Moving insurance: Be sure to choose a mover that offers moving insurance as part of their moving quotes. It’s important your belongings are insured to guarantee a safe move.
Moving Company Reviews
Sirelo is committed to providing 100% transparent customer reviews with no bias. Every moving company we partner with has its own profile. These profiles contain all submitted customer reviews, along with general information about the company. Researching the moving company pages can help you decide what moving quote to go for.
If you are planning to move abroad, check out our list of Sirelo’s top 10 international movers in South Africa!
Choosing a mover who is part of a moving network ensures they provide quality services in the moving industry. Their membership with moving associations can be an indication of credibility and professionalism. Their membership is reliant on companies upholding these standards. Some moving associations in South Africa are:
Ready To Request Moving Quotes?
We hope you feel more knowledgeable about your moving quote! Once you have your free moving quotes, we recommend that you start working your way through the articles linked for you below. they’ll be of great assistance during your move. Check out the rest of the Sirelo website to answer any more of your moving queries.
Last but not least, good luck! You are on the right track to ensuring a smooth-sailing, budget-friendly move 😊