Why choose Sirelo to compare moving quotes?
You might think requesting a moving house quote directly from a mover is the best option, but it’s even better to compare free moving quotes from Sirelo. Requesting quotes from multiple companies can help you guarantee you are getting the services you need, at the best price.
So why choose Sirelo to compare moving quotes? Well, we do the hard work of finding several moving companies for you! By filling in our online form, we can help you:
- Save time: Why would you spend your time contacting different moving companies when we can do it for you? With Sirelo, you’ll receive up to 5 instant quotes from moving companies. Five quotes in less than 24 hours is pretty quick!
- Save money: Different movers offer different quotations so by receiving multiple quotes through Sirelo, you can compare moving quotes and ensure you don’t overpay for your move.
- Find the perfect match: Since every move is unique, Sirelo will try to find the right match based on the information you provide. Thus, you should be able to find a mover that best matches your needs!
Should you hire a moving company?
The answer to that question depends on your circumstances. If you happen to have a lot of free time and are only moving a short distance with few possessions, you might be better off moving house by yourself.
However, should you be moving house internationally or with a large volume of items, then finding professional help that has expertise and equipment is best. The reason for this is twofold:
A moving company that often helps people move will know the ins and outs of all things moving. Professionals will have the know-how to move your belongings out of tight spaces without damage and will have the right equipment for moving your items.
Going hand in hand with experience, moving companies will have some tricks of the trade that will make your move easier. Furthermore, having someone else take care of your move will save you a lot of time, which is always useful when moving!
If you’re starting to think that hiring a moving company would be for the best, then request free furniture moving quotes today!
How many quotes should you get?
As we said earlier, comparing moving quotes means you can get the best price for your move! With this in mind, we recommend getting as many moving quotes as you can. Of course, this means spending your time contacting different companies which can become overwhelming. This is why Sirelo matches you with up to five companies suited to your move. Five options are enough to make a satisfactory comparison but not too many to send you crazy researching on the internet for hours!
Sirelo Top Tip: Start requesting quotes ASAP! The sooner you book a moving company, the cheaper your move will be so get your move booked early to get the best deal.
What’s included in moving company quotes?
Before you start comparing moving company quotes, you’ll need to be aware of what you’ll find in a quote. Naturally, there’ll be the price, but what else can you expect? Keep reading to find out!
The first part of the moving house quote you’ll notice is likely the costs, and with reason! The price in moving quotes will often be preliminary and most companies will want to conduct a moving survey to more accurately determine the volume of your move and as a result the price. However, you should be sure to ask if the price is final or an estimate.
🚛 Moving services included
Moving services include packing, assembly and disassembly, storage, and specialist services. Some moving companies may include select services in the moving quotes while others may offer them as add-ons, meaning extra costs! Therefore, be sure to check what the moving quote really covers.
📅 Moving date
While it’s unlikely that the moving company will change the date without asking, it’s possible that there was an error, and the wrong date was used. Thus, ensure the right moving day is on your quote.
Your normal contents insurance won’t cover goods in transit. Fortunately, most moving companies will have or offer insurance in their moving quote. Before accepting, see whether the cover is adequate for your goods.
📝 Terms and conditions
The terms and conditions are an important part of any moving quote as they outline the responsibilities of the company. While it may not be the most invigorating read, it’s important for understanding what you can expect.
Moving quotes in South Africa: What affects the cost?
Understanding the factors that affect your final moving cost is important. By knowing these factors, you can budget accordingly and save money on your move. The moving price is determined by:
- Distance: The further away you are moving, the more expensive the move will be. To get a better idea of the costs before receiving your moving quote, you can read our domestic or international moving costs page, depending on which is more relevant to you.
- Route: Popular routes tend to be cheaper than remote and unusual ones, as competition between moving companies drives down the prices.
- Size: Both the volume and weight of your move contribute to the price. Not sure how much stuff you have? Don’t worry! Sirelo has a handy furniture volume calculator to get you on your way.
- Complexity: This means the number of movers needed, whether you require reassembling and disassembling of furniture and whether you have any speciality items e.g. a piano or fine art.
- Type of transport: Whether you choose to travel by road, train, sea or air plays a significant part in your moving costs. Air transport is the most expensive. Check out our container shipping prices page to know more!
- Additional costs: There may be surpluses for things like moving insurance and elevator fees so be sure to ask your mover about any additional costs.
What to Look For When Comparing Moving Quotes
Once you have received your moving quotes, there are a few things to keep in mind when deciding which mover to choose. It’s important to research thoroughly in order to make a well informed decision.
Moving house can be expensive so it’s understandable that the cost of your moving quote will be the first thing to consider. A cheap quote is always welcome but be sure to check out for any hidden costs – price does not always ensure quality!
The upfront cost isn’t the only thing you need to consider. When choosing what moving quote to go for, also consider whether the price includes some or all of the following:
- Moving boxes: It’s not always guaranteed that moving boxes are incorporated into the moving quote so be sure to ask the question. If you are organising boxes yourself, visit our moving boxes page which provides detailed information on where to begin your search.
- Packing services: Getting assistance with packing up your household contents may be a good option if you are overwhelmed with your move. Be sure to ask your mover to incorporate this cost into your moving quote if you want this service.
- Disassembly and reassembly services: Expertise and specific equipment are often required for this. Moving companies usually offer these services for an extra fee so be sure to request this as part of your moving quote.
- Transportation of special objects: This includes items such as pianos, art and even pets. Make sure you indicate to the mover this is a service you need so that they can arrange a visit and assess for themselves what exactly needs transporting. You might face extra fees and delays if you inform them at the last minute!
- Long carry: A surplus can be charged if there is a distance of more than 15 metres between the parked moving truck and the entrance of the residence.
- Moving insurance: Be sure to choose a mover that offers moving insurance as part of their moving quotes. It’s important your belongings are insured to guarantee a safe move.
Moving Company Reviews
Sirelo is committed to providing 100% transparent customer reviews with no bias. Every moving company we partner with has a profile. These profiles contain customer submitted reviews, along with general information about the company. Researching the moving company pages can help you decide what moving quote to go for.
If you are planning to move abroad, check out our list of Sirelo’s top 10 international movers in South Africa!
Choosing a mover who is part of a moving network ensures they provide quality services in the moving industry. Their membership with moving associations can be an indication of credibility and professionalism. Their membership is reliant on companies upholding these standards. Some moving associations in South Africa are:
Ready To Request Moving Quotes?
We hope you feel more knowledgeable about your moving quote! Once you have your free moving quotes, we recommend that you start working your way through the articles linked below. They’ll be of great assistance during your move. Sirelo is here to ensure that you are moving with a smile. 😊
Last but not least, good luck! You are on the right track to ensuring a smooth-sailing, budget-friendly move.