About Optimum Removals
Whether you’ve got to move your things to the next town, or right across South Africa, Optimum Removals can help you with various solutions. Optimum Removals is a small, and relatively new, company which takes care of your home furniture removal needs and carefully transports your goods from point A to point B.
Type of Mover
ReviewsWrite a review
Well done Optimum Removals!!!
Highly recommended and will use them again in future.
The guys are punctual and works carefully with fragile items.
I would recommend them to anyone looking for a stress-free move.
Moved my home possessions from JHB to Cape Town.
It rained on the road trip down, their truck leaked water badly and landed up damaging my furniture, the owner [name removed by Sirelo] promised to fix it, still waiting 6 months later.
Not only did their leaking truck damage my furniture, they broke a piece of glass 6mm thick through thier negligence, but blamed it on the road causing the truck to viabrate which in turn broke the glass. (Their response, 'read the small print, we not responsible '.
Over and above this, things went missing when loading and off loading, once again, 'Not their problem once again' read the small print'.
They also decided to remove our pot plants from their truck that they loaded on the day of the move, at their overnight stop.
Reason they used was, they had to load another customer, and didn't have enough space, this was done without our permission or knowledge, then only delivered the pot plants over 2 weeks later, looking half dead.
I wouldn't recommend their services to anyone, a company that says one thing, but means another. Quinton also doesn't bother to return phone calls.
Thanks for your review.
Just to bring clarity to the complaints you brought to light.
1. The heavy rains did indeed reveal a flaw on one of our trailers but what was discovered as a setback actually helped us to resolve a problem and the trailer were repaired.
2. We did not forget about you regarding your dressing table that got a bit of water damage in the proses. The offer still stands that we will come and fetch your Dressing Table, have it fixed on our account and send it back to you. The only reason we haven’t managed to attend to this is we are situated in Cape Town and do not that often have trucks driving through the neighbouring areas of Mosselbay and we’ve entered the busiest time of the year now making it even more difficult. But like we said, our offer still stands to have this fixed for you.
3. Regarding the glass. It is true that due to the vibration of the truck, fragile items like your mirror could get damaged along the way. With this I would like to r emind you that you did confirm our proposal by accepting Transit insurance (that only covers for accident, fire and theft in the event of accident) and not All risk insurance. If All risk insurance was arranged this wouldn’t have been a problem.
4. The items you claim got missing, I understand, were valuable rings you placed under your mattress? As mentioned on our contract, Optimum Removals do not carry valuable items like e.g. Jewellery.
5. On the Pot-plants; The quantity and sizes loaded was way more than what was stated on your inventory, causing that it took the space allocated for the next client we had to collect the following day. We were supposed to charge you more for the extra space you utilized but we didn’t. Instead we decided to still try and accommodate you, by taking it off the truck and collecting it with the next truck passing through.
The Optimum staff that came to our house to collect were great, the same 4 guys delivered our goods in Cape Town they are really very professional in everything they did. We would gladly recommend them to our family and friends.